Shopify filters can be used to personalize your store and make it more interactive. These filters can be used to increase conversions, increase customer experience, and improve user engagement.
You’re here to learn how to add Shopify filters in your store.
You can add filters to Shopify in many different ways. Each one serves a different purpose. This blog post explains how to add Shopify filters as well as the top 6 apps that you can use for adding filters.
Without further delay, let’s get to the bottom of Shopify filters.
How do I add filters to Shopify Stores
Shopify sidebar filter can be customized to apply to products in your shop. You can use them to limit the products that appear on your site, or simply to show more information about the product.
There are many ways to add filters to Shopify shops. These steps will help you add filters in your Shopify store.
Filter Products using Collections
You can also set product filtering with storefront and collection filters. This can help your customers. You can also display your products in your admin panel, and quickly set filters.
Expand the “Products” section in your Shopify admin panel. Click on “Collections” to access your collection page.
This page will allow you to see different collections from your store. You can filter the collections by adding new ones. You can also see the number of products in a particular collection.
To create your collection, click on the “Create a collection” button.
You can then create your collection by entering a title, description and image. Finally, choose the collection type to be manual or automatic.
You can choose the conditions for your collection by clicking on the collection type. You can customize your store by setting different conditions depending on your needs.
Select those that are most interesting to your audience and create triggers for different filtering types. This will allow people to filter your collection accurately and show them the related products that they are searching for.
Below this page, you can also see the search engine listing. It can be optimized according to SEO specifications to convert more.
Use tags on your products & collections
Shopify tag filtering lets you filter your products by tags. If you have many products and need to filter your visitors’ search results for the ones that are relevant, tags can be a great option.
To improve the experience of your customers, you can create tags for your products.
Go to your Shopify admin panel and go to the Section “Products”. Display the product you wish to add a tag to.
You can find the Section on your product page.
This section allows you to add tags to filter your products. Make sure you add related tags to each product in order for people to get the best out of your store.
You can also manage your tags by clicking “Manage” in the tags section.
This is useful if you have many tags and wish to view them all in one place. It is possible to arrange your tags in alphabetical or most frequently used order. This will allow you to avoid adding duplicate tags for products.
This section allows you to select and deselect tags from your products.
Shopify Tags: More Information The Complete Guide.
Navigate to Add Filters
Shopify allows you to add filters to your store by using the Navigation part.
The Shopify 2.0 filter feature was introduced to themes. These features might not be available on your admin channel if you don’t use Shopify 2.0.
Navigate to Shopify’s admin panel. Click on the Online Store link below the Sales channels . Next, click on the Navigation section.
Your menus can be viewed on the navigation page. You can also add new menus to suit your needs. You can also view your URL redirects, and add new ones.
You can display and create menu items or nested menus, and manage them in the Menus section.
The “Menus section is below the “Collection & search filters” section. This section allows you to download Shopify’s app Shopify Search & Discovery.
This extension lets you quickly add filters to your shop. This section allows you to see all your filters in one location. You can then customize your filters by clicking the “Open” button.
You can add products or recommendations to your customers on the “Overview page. This allows you to cross-sell or upsell your products. You can also edit filters from the “Add tags to a filter” section.
Click the “Edit filters” button to bring up the filters page.
This page allows you to see your collection as well as search filters. If you wish, you can also remove filters from this area. You can also manage your filters by clicking the “Edit filter” button.
This page will be displayed when you click on the “Edit filters” button.
This section allows you to manage all your filters and display them together in one location. This section can also be useful if you have many filters.
A quick reminder: These filters are only available if your Shopify 2.0 theme supports them.
Top 6 Shopify Filter apps that you can use
Shopify offers filter apps that can be used in addition to the above methods. These apps allow you to add filters to your shop and personalize your e-commerce website.
These are the 6 top Shopify filter apps which can be very useful.
- Fast Simon – Search and Product Filters
Search and Product Filters by Fast Simon Inc. allows you to add search bars or collection filters, filter menus and sort.
- In order to optimize your store, you can include collection filters that are auto-tagged-based.
- Your visitors will enjoy a better experience with personalization and AI-based searches for content and products.
- You can also recommend other products that have cross-sell and upsell features.
- You can optimize collection filters according to color, size, tag, price and variant.
- Search analytics tools give you insight into product reports, search impacts reports, and filter usage reports.
- It allows you create SEO-friendly landing page.
Pricing is available. It includes 100 sessions per month, search filters and typo & auto-correction. Daily sync is also included.
The starter plan starts at $39.99 per month. It includes 2,000 monthly sessions and customizable search filters. Hourly sync is available & 24/7 support.
The essential plan starts at $99.99 per month. It includes 10,000 sessions, collection filters and an advanced impact report.
- CloudSearch – Product Filter and Search Bar
CloudSearch developed Product Filter and Search Bar. This app allows you to add smart search bars to your Shopify store and to set collection filters.
- Filter menus can be added to collection pages. Smart filter options can also be used to filter search results.
- Smart suggestions can be included in the instant search bar to help your customers quickly find what they need.
- Search analytics can be used to learn the search terms of your visitors.
- Search results customization allows you to improve the user experience and search results for your customers.
- It supports multilingual, so that you can reach customers around the world.
Pricing: This free plan offers up to 100 products and an instant search widget. It also includes promotions and synonyms. Daily catalog sync is possible and search analytics. It also displays the label of the brand.
Starting at $5 per month, the pro plan is available. This plan includes unlimited searches, up to 3,000 products and collection pages filters.
The enterprise package costs $49 per month. It includes millions of products as well as premium support. For details on custom pricing, please contact our sales team.
- Boost Commerce – Product Filter & Research
Boost Commerce’s Search product filter and search is one of the most popular Shopify filters apps. This can be a great solution to adding filters to your shop. It offers many solutions, including search filters, collection filters, smart searches, as well as a filter menu.
- To improve search results pages, you can use custom filters and menus to various collections.
- Your visitors will enjoy a better experience with multi-select filters and merge values.
- You can choose from both horizontal and vertical filter layouts to customize your store.
- Smart autosuggest, full-text search and suggestion dictionary are all useful features that will help customers find what they are looking for.
- Cross-sell and upsell features such as visibility, product ranking, redirects, Shopify merchandising, and product ranking can all help to increase your sales.
- It offers real time product sync, parameter URLs and canonical URL settings. This can help you speed up your performance.
Pricing: You can try it for 14 days free. The regular plan starts at $19 per month. It offers up to 1000 products, advanced filters and smart search with unlimited questions. Standard support is also available.
The regular two-plan costs $29 per month, offers up to 2.5K products, and has the same features and benefits as the regular one.
The regular 3 plan includes the same features and up to 5,000 products. It starts at $49 per month.
The plus package costs $69 per month. It includes up to 1,000 products, all the same features and priority support.
- Doofinder – Product Search Bar and Filters
Doofinder’s Product Filters app is an instant search bar with smart search and advanced categories. This application allows you to use Shopify product filters in your store.
- You can use the app to find a product by using suggestions, autocomplete and visual search.
- It uses a smart algorithm to learn user behavior.
- Search results can be customized with a search bar. You can also position specific products to appear first.
- Search bar insights gives you insight into the queries and searches of your customers. It also includes advanced statistics panels that allow you to analyze the data.
- The app seamlessly integrates with mobile devices and offers a great user experience.
Pricing: The Free plan allows you to make 1000 requests. The basic plan costs $31 per month and includes 10,000 request.
- Sparq Product Filter and Search App
Product Filters and Search App is a Shopify filter app that’s easy to use. It provides collection filters, custom user interface, instant search, analytics, and other useful features.
- allows you to customize your layout and make it more user-friendly.
- Advanced collection filters include meta fields and tags, variants price, discount, availability, etc.
- You can choose from a variety of user interfaces for filters: slider, single checklist or multi-select, single, and color swatches, color lists, or color swatches.
- Instant results, auto spell check and synonyms can help improve the filter performance of your store and enhance user experience.
- Advanced analytics include revenue reports, zero-result queries and top search queries. These can help you gain insight into your visitors’ behavior.
Pricing: You can get a 14-day trial for free. Standard plans start at $19 per month. This includes collection page filters and tag filters as well as basic theme customization.
The premium plan starts at $59 per month. It includes search products and collections, blogs & webpages, collection page filters and tag filters, advanced theme support, and collection page filters.
The Enterprise plan starts at $299 per month. It includes 50,000 products and banners as well as redirects and advanced analytics.
- Globo Smart Product Filter and Search
Globo’s Shopify filter application Smart Products Filter &Search offers many solutions, including a sidebar, menu and search bar.
- Search redirects, synonyms, full text search, auto-suggestion and search suggestion dictionary are useful features that provide better search results for your visitors.
- If visitors have no queries, it will show the recommended products. Visitors don’t see blank pages. This can help you to sell your other products to customers.
- Multiple filters can be set up and tags can be used to filter.
- You can specify orders to your product filters.
- There are three types of filter layouts: vertical, horizontal and off-canvas.
Pricing: You can get a 21-day trial for free. The free plan includes up to 25 products and smart filters. Smart search with unlimited queries. Spell check. Analytics. International pricing. Multiple currencies. Real-time sync.
Monthly Premium Plans start at $14, with pricing details that vary depending on the product number in a store.